Congratulations on your decision to enroll in GIVE International’s Volunteer Program!
We look forward to working with you in the coming weeks and months as we coordinate your volunteer experience.
GIVE International is committed to making the registration process for our volunteer program as easy and stream-lined as possible. Here are the seven steps you need to take to take to get you from this webpage to a meaningful and exciting volunteer placement in East Africa.
- Contact the GIVE International office by email or telephone for a brief interview, and to determine if your preferred volunteer dates are available.
- Download our Volunteer Application Form (PDF 50kb). Print, fill out, and mail the application to the GIVE International office along with an initial donation of $600 to offset the costs of the application process. Our mailing address is:
763 Zermatt Drive
Waterloo, ON N2T 2W8
- Working in cooperation with our Program Director, Kylie, make your travel arrangements (airfare and travel/medical insurance) through our highly recommended travel partner.
- Begin fundraising! Set up your own personal fundraising page online. Ensure that all funds raised have reached GIVE International at least 45 days prior to your departure.
- Once your flight(s) and travel insurance are booked, we’ll mail you a volunteer information package, which will help you prepare for your experience abroad.
- Make sure that your passport is valid at least 6 months longer than your trip return date and make an appointment with your local travel clinic to get any inoculations that you need to travel to East Africa.
- Start packing – and get ready for the volunteer experience of a lifetime!