Scroll to Content
A Day in the Life of a Volunteer
Monday to Saturday
- Awaken in your locally-owned guest house and enjoy a healthy breakfast
- Travel to your volunteer placement with a GIVE International Volunteer Support Coordinator
- Volunteer from approximately 9:30 am to 1 pm
- Eat your packed lunch, rest a little bit, and prepare for your afternoon volunteer placements
Volunteer from approximately 2 pm to 5 pm
- Leave volunteer placement and walk through town stopping to check email, shop, grab refreshments, etc.
- Walk back to guest house and prepare dinner with fellow volunteers / walk into town and support a locally owned restaurant
- Spend the remainder of the evening hanging out with GIVE volunteers and other travelers, reading, journalling, discussing issues, etc.
- Attend a local church/mosque/temple (if you’d like!)
- Take advantage of local sightseeing activities (hiking, biking, rafting etc.) or plan an excursion (you would pay directly with your own funds)
- Spend time hanging out with GIVE volunteers and other travelers, reading, journalling, discussing issues, etc. and getting ready to volunteer the next morning.